Friday, October 31, 2008

nice spread

Last night was the big yearly BU gala. It was held in the Omni Parker House Hotel. I took the train there all by myself like a big boy. The hotel opened in 1855 and has some history. Ho Chi Minh was a baker there. Who knew Ho Chi Minh was an American baker prior to his career as an Asian trail? Malcolm X was a busboy. Booth planned an assassination. JFK announced his candidacy for congress, proposed to Jacky, and had his bachelor party there. Man, I wish I was invited to JFK's bachelor party.

The food was spectacular, featuring lobster claws with caviar (We'll have your finest food stuffed with your second finest food. Lobster stuffed with tacos it is, sir), mini lamb chops, and filet. As far as free stuff from academic institutions go, this took the prize. Well worth listening to a half an hour's worth of poeple I didn't know being given awards.

No comments: