Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy 33rd Birthday Richard!!

Yesterday was Rick's 33rd Birthday. We celebrated by having a lovely lunch at Equator (Thai restaurant) and a nummy lobster dinner at Chez Sherva. That's right, in a move to become more New Englander we (and by we I mean Rick) made lobsters at home. That's right folks, Rick picked them out of a tank at the store, they were driven to our house in our trunk (no way were they getting in the actual car), and given a lovely, new, steamy, gingery, garlicy, lemony place to live in a pot on our stove. They were accompanied by a lovely pea and white wine risotto.

Here is the Chef in action:


*Rick nicely alerted me to leave the kitchen before our pals were placed in their new "home."

In the pic below you can see the steam coming off of the lobsters:



So this was the first time I had ever had eaten lobster out of the shell. I have only previously had it as an ingredient in pastas and such. It was probably one of the messier meals that I've eaten. It took a little getting used to where to crack open the claws and legs.

In the picture below I'm about to take my first bite:


*Note to concerned fashionistas: I did have a cute outfit on earlier in the day...I changed to an old sweatshirt instead of using a lobster bib.

Turns out I don't really like lobster. It's okay, but I knew I wasn't enjoying it as much as Rick who was raving about how delicious it was. We topped off the evening of course with some devilishly good birthday cake...homemade chocolate cake with homemade chocolate cream cheese frosting.





No comments: