Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bathroom Re-do

As many of you know, the previous owners of our house loved red and shades of red. One of the last rooms in our house screaming for me to cover up its embarrassing shade of pastel pink paint was our upstairs bathroom. I thought this would be an easy task, boy was I wrong...painting cabinets is not as easy as you would think. I started the project with less than a week before our friends Erin and Jon were scheduled to arrive. The night before their arrival the cabinets were still a bit tacky and I had Rick feverishly putting on new hinges and knobs. Everything looked great until we tried to close the cabinet doors. Turns out I may have put a little too much primer and paint on the insides of the doors and the cabinet base. Good thing we've got some tools. I took the wood plane (that's right, this was a job for a plane not some wimpy sand paper) and got rid of the cabinet I felt we no longer had a need for. So when you come to visit, don't snoop in our bathroom cabinets, they are not as pretty on the inside as the outside.

Upstairs Bathroom
Before







After









1 comment:

the gerbdrians said...

pretty wall color. good job.