Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This Old House - Dining Room Edition

Last Friday I cleaned my paint brushes, recycled my cardboard "dropcloths" and retired my painting tools and leftover paint to the basement. After a month of painting I am ready for a break.

As promised, I am sharing some befor
e and after pictures of the rooms that we painted. We never met the previous owners of our home, but I can only assume they were either colorblind or had an unhealthy obsession with all shades of red.

The pictures below are of the dining room with the previous owners furniture. You may notice that they have three dressers/bureaus, a dining table and a piano. Yes, all of that was in the dining room. The whole house was "overly furnished" when we first toured it.






Here are a couple more pictures of the old red paint color with their items moved out. You can get a sense of how suffocating the room was.






And now I present our wonderful newly painted, undecorated (cut me some slack, I've been painting for a month non-stop) dining room...










Future installments of my painting adventures will follow.
-Liz


1 comment:

the gerbdrians said...

looks beautiful! I love the two-tone look. Perhaps you should go pro.