Wednesday, March 11, 2009

U2

There's been a buzz about town that Irish supergroup U2 was going to be playing a top secret concert at an undisclosed, intimate Boston location tonight. They announced on the news this morning that the venue was going to be the Somerville Theater, mentioned two posts ago for its awesome museum of bad art. The news did not say whether U2 would be performing in the theater or the museum. Zing! Take that, Larry Mullins Jr.

Actually, I used to like U2 quite a bit, and I believe the show Liz and I went to after All That You Can't leave Behind was released the most I've ever paid for concert tickets. It was a great show and at the time I said it was one of the best I'd ever seen. Sometime between then and now I've started hating them. Their last two albums have been, in my humble opinion of course, crap. The songs I've heard off them have annoyed me to near Dishwalla levels. I still love 10 or so of their songs, but there may not be another band with so many songs at both extremes of my love-hate spectrum. Dave Matthews would make the list.

No comments: